Meet our Chief Dignity Officer
Laura first started working with individuals moving through homelessness while volunteering at a soup kitchen in Dallas, Texas in 2010. Shortly after, she returned to college and earned her Master’s in Public Affairs while transitioning to a career in nonprofit administration.
While working at a homeless shelter, she had the opportunity to really get to know the people in the shelter and their stories, and the many unique challenges that come with being without housing. At the shelter, each person had the opportunity to take a shower as soon as they entered each day, and many explained that the dignity that comes with feeling and being clean makes everything else much more bearable.
As the homeless population was far greater than shelter capacity, she routinely witnessed unsheltered individuals using outdoor faucets to wash up. From that experience, she had the determination that if she was ever able to start a nonprofit, it would be a mobile shower service, as it was the greatest need not being met. Fast forward a few years, a move to Charlotte, a fortuitous meeting with our founder, and here we are today!
To reach Laura, email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Board of Directors
Project Outpour is governed by a board of directors who hold the team accountable to our mission and community. If you are interested in learning more about joining our board, please email email@example.com. We have an immediate need for people with legal & development/fundraising experience. Below is a list of our current board of directors:
- President – Shane Giuliani, Senior Vice President, Imagen Technologies
- Vice President – Lisa Cook, Enterprise Data Management SVP, Bank of America
- Secretary – Emily Bogart, Finance Attorney
- Treasurer – Andrew Pickering, CPA, Senior Assurance Manager, Aprio
- Member – Stephanie Lucas, Manager, Marketing, Centene
- Member – Paul Lessard, Homelessness Advocate
- Member – Nicole Haynes, Employment Law Attorney
- Member – Ebony Gilbert, Regional VP-Networks, Healthy Blue
Founder – Laureen Sherwood